Building, planning, or design? Construction insurance doesn't have to be complex

Although construction laws in Australia can be hard to navigate, we’ll make sure your insurance won’t be!

Using our industry experience, and a deep understanding of the playing field, we’ll help you measure up to the heavy risks involved in your industry by offering the most comprehensive, extensive, and competitively priced insurance solutions available.

Whether it’s for a single project or a series of projects over an annual period, we’ll take care of your construction insurance needs.

What does a Construction Insurance policy cover?

Common aspects covered include:

  • Accidental damage to onsite materials
  • Theft of onsite materials
  • Third-party property damage, and
  • Third-party injuries or other personal effects.

Is Construction Insurance the same as Contract Works?

Construction and Public Liability Insurance come under many names: Construction Works, Contractors All Risk, Contract Works, Construction Insurance, All Risks Insurance, Site Insurance – they cover anything from a mud-brick home build to a skyscraper renovation or cathedral extension, and they’re all the same.

There are two parts to the cover:

  1. Material Damage, which protects the builder or owner-builder against fire, theft, burglary, vandalism, flood, cyclone, storm, wind and water damage.
  2. Public Liability, which protects the builder or owner-builder from third party injury and property damage, such as damage caused to a passer by’s vehicle.

Depending on your situation and needs, we can also negotiate a range of coverage extensions such as:

  • Delay in Start-Up
  • Liquidated Damages
  • Advanced Consequential Loss
  • Advanced Loss of Profits
  • Difference in Conditions
  • Excess Buy-Down, and
  • Design Exclusion Drop Down.

Do I need a Public Liability Insurance policy if I have a Contract Works policy?

A Contract Works Insurance policy can include Public Liability Insurance and is quite often broader to include:

  • Sub-Contractor Liability
  • Products Liability
  • Cross Liability.

This is where we come into our own. With a broker on your side, rest assured that you’re not over – or under – insured.

Professional A1 Builders had been working onsite for a few months, with construction of the townhouses running to budget and schedule. One morning, however, the Site Manager discovers that thieves had broken into their locked, onsite container. Over $40k worth of equipment and tools were stolen.

With a tight schedule, we worked closely with the insurer to fast-track the claim and minimise disruption to the project. And as Professional A1 Builders had insured the tools on a ‘new for old’ basis, the depreciation figures were minimal. This means that their claim covered the replacement cost of the items and the team were back on site within days.


Insurance companies charge a lot more for already Commenced Works. (And of course, there is also the very real risk of an accident or claim against you).

Make sure you’ve got Construction Insurance in place BEFORE you start your building project. Talk to us today – we’ll manage the fine print so you start the construction with confidence.