Are you in charge of a body corporate or strata residential buildings? Don’t leave anything to chance with the right cover.

Also known as Body Corporate Insurance, Strata Insurance covers the common or shared property for both apartments and flats.

Residential Strata Insurance, however, extends the cover to common areas in the building itself, such as loss or damage to pathways, walls, fences, common contents, and more.

If you manage a body corporate or strata residential building, we’ll break down the complexity. Are your building, common contents and common property covered in the event of theft, natural disasters, accidental damage by tenants, injury to tenants, and more?

What is covered under a Residential Strata Insurance Policy?

You can expect strata insurance to cover you for:

  • Building fixtures, such as pipes, hot-water systems, intercoms and air-conditioners
  • Common property including balconies, common-area gardens, barbeques, lobbies, car parks, pools, tennis courts and stairwells
  • Common contents, such as shared outdoor furniture and gym equipment, and
  • Public liability insurance that covers common property.

As with all insurances, there are different options, so talk to us about tailoring a solution to meet your exact needs.

What does Residential Strata Insurance NOT cover?

Residential Strata insurance doesn’t cover things such as:

  • Belongings inside your property
  • Anything not fixed permanently to property, and
  • Internal fittings and fixtures, such as lights, floorboards, electrical items, carpets and furniture.

Are you a landlord with tenants? You’ll need Contents or Landlord Insurance instead.